October 11, 2006

Mas Alberto en Espana

Here I am again, posting in Sandra´s place...

Well, I´ve been walking all around Barcelona and I´ve gotta say...wear sneakers! The cooler-looking shoes I brought were turning my toes into raw meat. Sandra heads off to school every morning at 9:30 while I sleep until about 11:30. I guess it´s jetlag, but who knows? I´m trying to sleep at a regular hour (11pm to 1 am), buit I keep waking up in the middle of the night. Last night, I woke up and read Maxim and Wired for two hours. Maybe it was the "xocolate" I had late last night. Instead of hot chocolate, they literally serve chocolate that´s melted to just-drinkable. It´s a great treat, but very rich. Remember when Starbucks came out with that short-lived chocolate drink? That´s what it is. By the way, they don´t make mochas here...except at Starbucks!

I asked for a "xocolate con cafe" (chocalte and coffee) at a normal coffe shop and they looked at me like I was crazy.

Sandra has been constantly worried that I´m bored, but I´m just happy to relax. I´ve done pretty much all the "touristy stuff" I want to do, so I´m fine with just hanging out around town. But I think Sandra wants me to constantly seek out new stuff..that is, tourist-stuff. My big task today was sending a few postcards. I spent 40 minutes in line at a Spanish post office ("correos") just to do the deed. The one stamp machine dispenser insisted on exact change but actually refused to take exact change (and it wasn´t just me-real Spaniards were having the same trouble). So I took a number and waited 40 minutes. Wow. Things happen a little bit slowly here. We had to wait 3 hours for the travel agency to take their lunch break today!!

Okay...anyhow, I like it here. Everything´s cool and the people are friendly.

Later!

Albert

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's just too sad to see "0 comments" so I had to blog . . .

The Dogs are doing well. It's a good thing Mommy has let the her gardens go, b/c Chui & Scout don't seem to regard manicured grounds. One flower bed has two doggie matresses finely tilled in the dirt, and our sprinkler heads seem to offer a stimulating challenge to be unearthed. I dug out, and burried their poop around each head. This seems to have staved off their advances.

I learned that Chui & Scout (with an empahsis on Scout) do not jibe with the Dog Park. What can you say? The Bitches don't want no skanky Silver Lake Ho's mixin spit with THEIR Man. mmm mmm!

Daddy got the stink-eye from all the other dog owners wondering who the awful man was, bringing his viscious beasts out in public. I wanted to explain that Scout and Chui were really quite sweet when you get to know them, and "no" Daddy doesn't beat them, and "no" they won't eat your baby who they're barking at ferociously. . .

Anyway. They are a treat to care for, and Wrigley's become very much the Hugh Heffner with his babes around.

Nothing else happening. Same old LA.

Addie

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home