October 17, 2006

Albert Yet Again Posts

Hello, this is Albert.

After spending a week or so in Barcelona with Sandra, I have arrived for a two-day stay in Granada via train, or "El Renfe" as we locals like to call it. I am looking forward to one touristy thing here...the fabled "Alhambra", which is supposed to be one of the most amazing fairy tale palace/gardens ever, nestled up against the Sierra Nevadas.

Only been here a few horas, but it´s similar to Barcelona in that you can walk everywhere. I´m pretty sure they don´t have a subway here, but there seems to be a good bus system. I already spotted a Japanese "Onsen" or "Ansen" for Sandra...a sort of indoor hot springs, I think. They also have some kind of "Arab Baths", which seem to be the same kind of hot & cold water deals.

Granada seems to have a little more Islamic flava than I saw in Barcelona (again, I´ve only been in a few alleys so far). While wandering around looking for an internet place (Sandra said I had to write her everyday so she would know I was okay), I walked downhill a long narrow alley of little Arabic shops & cafes...pretty cool though obviously for tourists.

Alright, I should be out looking around. Sounds like our two pups made Jim and Stacey look like awful doggy owners at the dog park, while at the same time tearing up their backyard. I blame Sandra for their wild behavior. Meanwhile, Anton has the cushy job of picking up Oliver´s poo off the dining room floor, which Oliver seems to favor on occasion, especially when it rains.

Don´t miss me too much Sandra! Barcelona can still be cool without me around!

Albert OUT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home